|BOARD OF HEALTH STAFF REPORT (SR 21-059)|
July 20, 2021
|Health District policy prioritization framework (SR 21-059; N. Thomsen)|
|Administration / Nicole Thomsen, Health Policy Analyst |
|Prior Board Review:|
|Program Policy Committee; Admin Committee; Executive Committee |
Since January, and at the request of the Program Policy Committee, work has been completed to develop a policy prioritization framework and accompanying procedures. Since that time, briefings on the development of this proposal have been given at the following committee meetings:
- Program Policy Committee – 1/21/21, 2/18/21, 3/18/21, 4/15/21, 5/20/21, 6/17/2021
- Administration Committee, 4/28/2021, 5/26/21, 6/23/2021
- Executive Committee, 4/29/2021
Board members, through their committees, preferred the flowchart framework (Exhibit A) and its incorporation into the procedures (Exhibit B).
Goals of this framework are to:
- Provide a usable tool in determining which policies are identified for development
- Create equal footing between public health and administrative policies
- Establish connective and actionable threads between existing plans and policies
All comments received up to this point have been incorporated. No additional comments have been received since the May meetings.
Consistent with Resolution 19-20 and the revised Division of Responsibilities (10/8/19), the Board of Health is responsible for setting District budget and policy.
|Briefing with the option for action. |