|BOARD OF HEALTH STAFF REPORT (SR 21-116)|
December 14, 2021
|Adopt Res. 21-25 approving the 2021 budget amendment #2 (SR 21-116; S. Centanni)|
|Administration / Sara Centanni, CPA, Finance Manager |
|Prior Board Review:|
|Administration Committee, 11/22/21; Executive Committee, 11/23/21 |
The District needs to adjust its 2021 budgeted appropriation from $25,026,355 of expenditures to $28,185,183. This increase of $3,158,828 of expenditures is offset by increased revenues of $2,515,245 and reduces 2021 budget surplus to $7,143,287, increasing the fund balance at the end of 2021.
- Hired the following positions:
- One Isolation & Quarantine (I&Q) Supervisor
- Two I&Q Coordinators
- One COVID Epidemiologist
- FEMA revenue of 2,499,960 offset by FEMA expenditures of 2,500,000 to subrecipients
- COVID temp staff cost increase of $400,000
- COVID supplies cost increase of $100,000
- Updated Purchasing Coordinator from 0.5 to 1.0 FTE for remainder of 2021
- Interim Deputy Administrative Officer position added
- One DIS for STD program, offset by funding received from DOH
- Hired the following positions related to the HHS grant:
- Two health literacy educators
- One COVID health literacy healthy community specialist
- One COVID health literacy equity advisor
Consistent with Resolution 19-20 and the revised Division of Responsibilities (10/8/19), the Board of Health has authority over the Health District budget.
MOVE TO adopt Res. 21-25 authorizing the 2021 budget amendment #2 as shown in Exhibit A.