|BOARD OF HEALTH STAFF REPORT (SR 21-115)|
December 14, 2021
|Authorize the Administrative Officer to execute amendment #24 to the consolidated contract with the Washington State Department of Health (SR 21-115; K. Curtis)|
|Prevention Services / Katie Curtis, Division Director |
|Prior Board Review:|
|Program Policy Committee, 11/18/21; Admin Committee, 11/22/21, Executive Committee, 11/23/21 |
As part of the State’s consolidated contract, the Washington State Department of Health has awarded the Health District the following funds:
- Commercial Tobacco Prevention Program has added the amount of $14,658 for September 1, 2021, through December 31, 2021. These funds are for marijuana education efforts. Any funding not used during this time will be carried forward into 2022.
- COVID-19 Coordinated Response. The following changes have been made:
- Removed $2,781,584 from the BITV-COVID ED LHJ allocations.
- Added $2,981,584 to the FFY20 ELC EDE LHJ allocation for a total funding amount of $11,911,219. Funding period is currently Jan 15, 2021 through Dec 31, 2021.
- Added $5,000 to COVID vaccines for a total funding amount of $2,865,603. Funding period is currently July 1, 2020, through Dec 31, 2021.
- DOH expects to provide a revised contract in January 2022 for continued COVID work.
- Foundational Public Health Services has added an additional $2,549,404 for a total funding amount of $3,150,000. The funding period is July 1, 2021, through December 31, 2021. The funding has been allocated to the following areas of focus:
- $1,279,000 for reinforcing capacity
- $30,000 to conduct a Community Health Assessment/Community Health Improvement Plan
- $497,000 for communicable disease work
- $164,000 for work around hepatitis C
- $1,180,000 for environmental public health work
These allocations remain the same for SFY22 and SFY23.
- Infectious Disease Prevention Section has made the following changes:
- Removed $16,329 from the Viral Hepatitis Surveillance funding. This grant funding has ended.
- Removed $15,716 in ADAP rebate funding.
- Added $15,716 to FFY21 Grant Year Local (previously known as ADAP rebate). Funding period for these funds is July 1, 2021, through December 31, 2021.
- Added $163,367 for STD Prevention Supplemental funding. Funding period for these funds is July 1, 2021, through December 31, 2021. Unspent funds will carry over into 2022.
- These funds are for increased work around rising syphilis cases in the state.
The total amount added through this amendment is $2,916,100. Total consideration is $40,564,904.
Consistent with Resolution 19-20 and the revised Division of Responsibilities (10/8/19), the Board of Health has authority over the Health District budget.
MOVE TO authorize the Administrative Officer to execute amendment #24 to the consolidated contract with the Washington State Department of Health.