|BOARD OF HEALTH STAFF REPORT (SR 22-038)|
June 14, 2022
|Amendment to the master services agreement with the North Sound Accountable Community of Health for participation in the collaborative action network (SR 22-038; K. Curtis)|
|Prevention Services / Katie Curtis, Director |
|Prior Board Review:|
|Program Policy Committee, 5/19/22; Administration Committee, 5/25/22; Executive Committee, 5/26/22 |
The District has been part of the North Sound Accountable Community of Health (North Sound ACH) Medicaid Transformation Project since 2018 under a master services agreement (Exhibit A). The Medicaid Transformation Project (MTP) is Washington’s Section 1115 Medicaid demonstration waiver between Health Care Authority and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). MTP allows the District to create and continue to develop projects, activities, and services that improve Washington’s health care system. Region 1’s MTP project is what birthed the North Sound ACH. The District has been a part of this collaborative under various strategies, such as opioids, oral health, and immunizations, and Dec 2021 was the end of the initial five-year period for the MTP.
North Sound ACH is moving forward with some of this work but is launching a new model by putting together a Collaborative Action Network (the Network) that will focus on five different cohorts (Exhibit B).
Below are the levels of commitment that the District can chose from for each cohort and the potential funding:
- Level 1 (Learning): ≈4-6 hours per month. Focuses on active participation in learning sessions and sharing information with home organizations in the form of newsletters, team meetings, or other methods.
- This level can earn $5,400
- Level 2 (Implementing): ≈10-15 hours per month. Includes activities from Level 1 in addition to planning meetings and attending for project-focused activities and implementing projects.
- This level can earn $13,500
- Level 3 (Lead or Co-lead): ≈25-30 hours per month. Includes activities from Level 1 and Level 2 in addition to planning agendas, convening cohort(s), and coordinating, facilitating, and attending meetings and actions of cohort(s).
- This level can earn $22,500
All network members will receive a payment that supports the time of one person engaging in the selected cohort(s).
The purpose of these cohorts are to co-create projects to advance the work regionally or an opportunity to network and take back learned lessons/experiences back to our organization.
Consistent with Resolution 19-20 and the revised Division of Responsibilities (10/8/19), the Board of Health retains contract approval authority for new, extending, or renewing grants and contracts over $50,000 or that require matching funds.
|MOVE TO authorize the Administrative Officer to sign a contract with the North Sound Accountable Community of Health to participate in the collaborate action network. |